points - Details)
Unique among computer security texts, the Second Edition of the Computer & Internet Security: A Hands-on Approach builds on the author’s long tradition of teaching this complex subject through a hands-on approach. For each security principle, the book uses a series of hands-on activities to help explain the principle; readers can “touch”, play with, and experiment with the principle, instead of just reading about it. The hands-on activities are based on the author’s widely adopted
SEED Labs, which have been used by over 1000 institutes in more than 65 countries.
Topics covered in the book
– Software security: attacks and countermeasures
– Web security: attacks and countermeasures
– Network security: attacks on TCP/IP and DNS
– Packet sniffing and spoofing
– Firewall and Virtual Private Network (VPN)
– Newly discovered attacks, including Meltdown and Spectre attacks on CPUs, Dirty COW, Shellshock, Heartbleed, Hash collision, etc.
– Common hacking and defense techniques
– Cryptography, PKI, and TLS programming
– Bitcoin and Blockchain