points - Details)
Plan and design robust security architectures to secure your organization’s technology landscape and the applications you develop
- Leverage practical use cases to successfully architect complex security structures
- Learn risk assessment methodologies for the cloud, networks, and connected devices
- Understand cybersecurity architecture to implement effective solutions in medium-to-large enterprises
Cybersecurity architects work with others to develop a comprehensive understanding of the business’ requirements. They work with stakeholders to plan designs that are implementable, goal-based, and in keeping with the governance strategy of the organization.
With this book, you’ll explore the fundamentals of cybersecurity architecture: addressing and mitigating risks, designing secure solutions, and communicating with others about security designs. The book outlines strategies that will help you work with execution teams to make your vision a concrete reality, along with covering ways to keep designs relevant over time through ongoing monitoring, maintenance, and continuous improvement. As you progress, you’ll also learn about recognized frameworks for building robust designs as well as strategies that you can adopt to create your own designs.
By the end of this book, you will have the skills you need to be able to architect solutions with robust security components for your organization, whether they are infrastructure solutions, application solutions, or others.
What you will learn
- Explore ways to create your own architectures and analyze those from others
- Understand strategies for creating architectures for environments and applications
- Discover approaches to documentation using repeatable approaches and tools
- Delve into communication techniques for designs, goals, and requirements
- Focus on implementation strategies for designs that help reduce risk
- Become well-versed with methods to apply architectural discipline to your organization
Who this book is for
If you are involved in the process of implementing, planning, operating, or maintaining cybersecurity in an organization, then this security book is for you. This includes security practitioners, technology governance practitioners, systems auditors, and software developers invested in keeping their organizations secure. If you’re new to cybersecurity architecture, the book takes you through the process step by step; for those who already work in the field and have some experience, the book presents strategies and techniques that will help them develop their skills further.
Table of Contents
- What is Cybersecurity Architecture?
- The Core of Solution Building
- Building an Architecture – Scope and Requirements
- Building an Architecture – Your Toolbox
- Building an Architecture – Developing Enterprise Blueprints
- Building an Architecture – Application Blueprints
- Execution – Applying Architecture Models
- Execution – Future- Proofing
- Putting It All Together