(as of May 17,2022 19:58:33 UTC – Details)
Free History BONUS Inside!
Two captivating manuscripts in one book:
- History of Romania: A Captivating Guide to Romanian History, Including Events Such as the First Roman–Dacian War, Raids of Vlad III Dracula against the Ottoman Empire, the Great War, and World War 2
- Vlad the Impaler: A Captivating Guide to How Vlad III Dracula Became One of the Most Crucial Rulers of Wallachia and His Impact on the History of Romania
Romania was internationally recognized in 1878, but its history is much older. To understand the people who inhabit this country, one must go back thousands of years and meet the first king who united the local tribes, Burebista. He and his successor, Decebal, warred against Roman legions, and although they displayed extraordinary bravery and military prowess, it wasn’t enough to preserve their independence. In this book, you will discover how Romania developed from a distant Roman province on the fringes of the Roman Empire to a modern state in eastern Europe, one ready to adopt Western values.
Romania lies on Europe’s eastern border, and as such, it is often neglected in history. Although it is a culturally very rich country, the world displayed little interest in its promotion. By reading this captivating history of Romania, you will learn about the turbulent past of the region, the many wars it fought, and the people who led them. You will also learn the truth behind the character of Vlad the Impaler and decide for yourself if he was a ruthless, bloodthirsty ruler or a politician, tactician, and national hero.
Here are just some of the topics covered in part 1 of this book:
- Who the Dacians were and if they really are the ancestors of the Romanian people
- How Romania connected the West and East
- How the first independent Romanian kingdoms formed and took the role of guarding Europe against Ottoman invasions
- Vlad Tepes, Stephen the Great, and Michael the Brave, three medieval heroes who are still celebrated today
- The Phanariots, the Greek rulers of Moldavia and Wallachia
- The unification of the country and its international recognition
- The position of minorities and how gypsies and women were treated in Romania’s past
- What role Romania played during the two world wars
- How communism almost destroyed the nation
- And much, much more!
- Communism Rising
- The Ceausescu Regime
Here are just some of the topics covered in part 2 of this book:
- Early Years: Birth, Captivity, First Reign, and Exile; Wallachia and the Balkans in the Early 15th Century
- Second Reign: Vlad as a Ruler, Domestic Affairs, Foreign Relations, Wars, Dethroning, and Capture
- Final Years: A Decade and a Half of Captivity, Third Reign, Death
- Spreading the Story: Myths about Dracula and His Public Image, Portraits, and Depictions
- The Character of Dracula: Personality Traits, Motivations
- Dracula’s Successors: Descendants of the Impaler
- Legacy of Dracula: Historical Importance, Bram Stoker’s Novel, Popular View Today
- And much, much more!
So if you want to learn more about the history of Romania and Vlad the Impaler, scroll up and click the "add to cart" button!