(as of Aug 03,2021 19:37:02 UTC – Details)
Learn the most powerful and primary programming language for writing smart contracts and find out how to write, deploy, and test smart contracts in Ethereum.
- Get you up and running with Solidity Programming language
- Build Ethereum Smart Contracts with Solidity as your scripting language
- Learn to test and deploy the smart contract to your private Blockchain
We begin with a brief run-through of blockchain, Ethereum, and their most important concepts or components. You will learn how to install all the necessary tools to write, test, and debug Solidity contracts on Ethereum. Then, you will explore the layout of a Solidity source file and work with the different data types. The next set of recipes will help you work with operators, control structures, and data structures while building your smart contracts. We take you through function calls, return types, function modifers, and recipes in object-oriented programming with Solidity. Learn all you can on event logging and exception handling, as well as testing and debugging smart contracts.
By the end of this book, you will be able to write, deploy, and test smart contracts in Ethereum. This book will bring forth the essence of writing contracts using Solidity and also help you develop Solidity skills in no time.
What you will learn
- Learn the basics and foundational concepts of Solidity and Ethereum
- Explore the Solidity language and its uniqueness in depth
- Create new accounts and submit transactions to blockchain
- Get to know the complete language in detail to write smart contracts
- Learn about major tools to develop and deploy smart contracts
- Write defensive code using exception handling and error checking
- Understand Truffle basics and the debugging process
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who would like to get started with Solidity Programming for developing an Ethereum smart contract. No prior knowledge of EVM is required.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Blockchain, Ethereum, and Smart Contracts
- Installing Ethereum and Solidity
- Introducing Solidity
- Global Variables and Functions
- Expressions and Control Structures
- Writing Smart Contracts
- Functions, Modifiers, and Fallbacks
- Exceptions, Events, and Logging
- Truffle Basics and Unit Testing
- Debugging Contracts